You probably heard of the classic lemon curd, but have you ever tried Clementine Curd? This is a delicious and Easy Vegan Clementine Curd recipe that just calls for a few ingredients.
Filled with clementine flavor using fresh squeezed clementine just and optional add a little zest for an extra punch of flavor. This Easy Vegan Clementine Curd tastes amazing in cookies, as a filling in cakes and on toast!
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare, makes a small jar that will keep in the fridge for about a week. If you haven’t eaten it all by then that is!
Ingredients you will need:
- Fresh squeezed clementine juice
- Sugar, just a little since the clementines are sweet
- Cornstarch, thats what makes it thicken up without using eggs, keeping it vegan
- Almond milk, or any other dairy free milk of your choice. I have also made this with coconut milk and it works well.
- Clementine zest, optional for a little more punch of clementine flavor
- Turmeric, optional for a brighter yellow color
Here are some other wonderful recipes for you:
This Easy Vegan Clementine Curd recipe just calls for a few ingredients and takes only 10 min to make! Tastes amazing in cookies, as a filling in cakes and on toast.
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup clementine juice about 2-4 clementines
- zest from 1 clementine optional
- pinch of turmeric optional for color
Add all the ingredients to a small pan over medium heat and whisk well so there are no lumps. Keep whisking until the curd start to simmer and thicken. This will take about 5 minutes, whisk well for a smooth curd. The bottom can easily burn if left alone, so keep whisking!
Remove from the heat and let cool down, it will thicken more as it cools. Store in an airtight container for about a week in the fridge.