Warming fall Lentil Quinoa Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. There is something special about a big pot of soup simmering on the stove, it makes the whole house smells wonderful. I always make a large batch, so there is plenty of leftovers. This soup tastes even better the next day.
This recipe is full of veggies, filling quinoa and a warming spiciness from the curry.
Looking for more soup recipes?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small pice of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1,5 liter (6 cups) vegetal broth
- 1 can (400g) tomato frito or passata
- 200g (1 cup) dried red lentils, rinsed
- 75g quinoa, rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
In a big pot heat the olive oil and add the onion, carrots, celery and red pepper and sauté for about 5-10 minutes. Then add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 15 minutes until the lentils and quinoa are cooked.
Salt and pepper to taste