This is the season for everything apples, I like to incorporate apples in savory dishes as well as desserts. One of my favorites is this easy and delicious Harvest Salad with Apple, Celery and Avocado. I had something like this at one of my favorite seafood restaurants and just knew I had to recreate it at home. I love this combination!
Crisp lettuce, apple and celery mixed with creamy avocado and salty feta cheese topped with crunchy sunflower seeds and a delicious honey mustard vinaigrette. Hungry yet?
You might also like these great recipes:
Did you try this recipe?
- 1 head of lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced (I used Gala)
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Start by mixing all the ingredients to the salad dressing together. Salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the lettuce leafs on a large serving platter. Top with the celery, apple, avocado and feta cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top.