I have made this Cucumber Salad for years. If you have been to my house for dinner in the summer time I can guarantee I have served this beautiful salad. This salad means summer for me and I love it!
I have changed the recipe a little during the years but the basics still stay the same. It is fresh and crisp, tangy marinade and the salty crunch of the cashews just brings it all together. Perfect for the summer cookout!
I had some blooming oregano in my garden so I used the flowers for a garnish. If you don’t have any fresh oregano you skip it and just stay with the dried kind in the dressing. But I highly recommend a sprinkling of the fresh oregano!
I also like to mix in the cashews last thing to keep them crunchy and I keep the cucumber pieces pretty thick to keep crisp the texture.
Looking for more summer salads? Try these great recipes:
- 2 cucumber, halved seeds removed and sliced
- 125 g cachewes roasted and salted, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- small pice of ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh oregano and cilantro for serving.
Mix all the ingredients to the dressing in a serving bowl. Add the cucumbers and let sit in the fridge for an hour. Stir in the cashews and serve with a sprinkle of cilantro leaves.