If you love nut butter I have an amazing new recipe for you! This Strawberry Cashew Nut Butter is easy to make with only 3 ingredients, so creamy and full of summer strawberry flavour.
I use freeze dried strawberries in this recipe and it gives this homemade nut butter and irresistible color and flavor.
Tips for making this Cashew Nut Butter:
- I roast the cashews first to bring out their flavor. I highly recommend it but you can also skip this step and use the cashews raw in your like.
- You have to be patient while making nut butter. It might feel like it will never come together and just be a crumby mess! Just be patient and keep the food processor running and all of a sudden it will start to go creamy and smooth. The time it takes to make a smooth cashew butter depends on the power of your food processor. Mine took about 5 minutes.
- Be carful not over heat your food processor and give it a little break if necessary. Make sure to scrape down the sides while you process the cashew butter or it will end up lumpy.
- Ones it starts to come together, add the freeze dries strawberries and process until you have a smooth and creamy butter. Add salt to taste and optional vanilla paste if you like the strawberry vanilla flavor combo, it sure is a favorite of mine!
How to store your Cashew Nut Butter:
Store in an airtight container for up to a month in the refrigerator. But I hardly think it will last that long, mine only lasted 4 days and I was scraping out the bottom!
You might also like these great recipes:
This Strawberry Cashew Butter is easy to make with only 3 ingredients, so creamy and full of summer strawberry flavor.
- 300 g (2 heaping cups) raw cashews
- 40 g (1 cup) freeze dried strawberries
- pinch of salt
- optional, ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
Pre heat the oven to 175C (350F). Place the cashews on a baking tray and roast them for about 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant. Stir once to ensure they roast evenly.
Let the cashews cool for 5 minutes then add them to a food processor.
Process until the cashews, scraping down the sides as necessary. Ones it starts to come together, add the freeze dries strawberries and process until you have a smooth and creamy butter.
Add salt to taste and optional vanilla paste.
The time it takes to make a smooth cashew butter depends on the power your food processor have. Mine took about 5 minutes.
Store the strawberry cashew butter in an airtight container for up to a month in the refrigerator.