For more light summer dishes try these great recipes:
Fresh and easy Veggie Lettuce Wraps with Creamy Cashew Sauce that make a healthy, light lunch or crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 200 g cashew nuts, roasted, 100g for the sauce the rest for the filling
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oli
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ cups water
- 250 g halloumi, cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, pealed and coarsely grated
- 1 iceberg lettuce, butter lettuce, leaves separated, rinsed and dried
- red cabbage, finely sliced
- chopped cashews, chili, coriander, sesame seeds and lime wedges for serving
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium hight heat and fry the cubed halloumi and fry until golden brown. Set aside
Add the additional tablespoon of olive oil and fry the pepper and grated carrot for a few minutes. Remove from heat and add the halloumi and half the cashew sauce, stir and add a little more water if needed.