Who doesn’t love cookie dough and brownies??
These fudgy brownies are topped with edible cooke dough and they are SOOOO GOOD you wouldn’t even know they are gluten-free, vegan and secretly healthy-is. Sometimes cookie dough is even better then the actual cookie, at least if you ask my kids!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE EASY COOKIE DOUGH BROWNIES (VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE)
All you need is:
- Soy yoghurt or greek yoghurt, make sure it has a thick consistency for the best result
- Coconut sugar, I love using coconut sugar, it is simulated to brown sugar but not refined
- Oat flour, make sure to use certified gluten free oats if you are allergic to gluten. If you don’t have oat flour, you can easily make it at home by mixing the oats in a food processor until it has a flour like texture.
- Almond butter, I prefer to use all natural, no sugar added, no oil added. You can also use peanut butter here.
- Maple syrup or honey, but that makes it non vegan
- Almond flour, I use a fine variety that has a oat flour consistency
- Flaxseed meal and almond milk, to make a flax egg. This will act as a “glue” and hold the dough together
- Vegan chocolate chips, Use your favorite, good quality chocolate here. I like dark chocolate, usually 70% dark chocolate is dairy free but make sure you check the ingredients in you want to keep it vegan.
- Coconut oil, gives the dough that “buttery” feeling, but without the butter!
- Flavorings, I use a little vanilla and a pinch of salt. If you don’t have vanilla paste, vanilla extract or vanilla powder can be used instead.
You might also like these wonderful dessert recipes:
These fudgy brownies are topped with edible cooke dough and they are SOOOO GOOD you wouldn't even know they are gluten-free, vegan and secretly healthy-is.
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup thick soy yoghurt or greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoon chocolate chips
Start by preheating the oven to 175C (350F) and line a square 20cm (8inch) baking pan with parchment paper.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Add the room temperature yoghurt and mix well. Then add the rest of the ingredients for the brownie.
Pore into to the prepared baking pan and smoothen out the top. Bake for about 20 minutes, it will still be loose in the middle. Let it cool down and the place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
Start by mixing the flaxseed meal and the almond milk, let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredient and mix well, then stir in the chocolate chips. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
Top the brownie with the cookie dough and then let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Cut into squears and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.