Say hello to my Vegan Snickers Cinnamon Rolls!
Fluffy dough, creamy chocolate filling with pieces of peanuts and topped with an easy peanut butter caramel sauce.
Ingredients needed to make these Vegan Snickers Cinnamon Rolls:
- Almond milk, I love unsweetened almond milk and use it in most of my recipes. You can also substitute for any other kind of plant based milk, or regular milk for non vegan.
- Vegan butter, unsalted and in a stick form
- Dry yeast, 2 teaspoon measured. I buy a large package of dry yeast end then store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Sugar, normal caster sugar to help the yeast and the dough to rise
- All purpose flour, I always weigh the flour for the best result!
- Salt, a little helps the flavours
- Vanilla paste or vanilla bean powder, I love to use the powder for the flavour but also for those little specks of vanilla bean. You can also substitute for vanilla extract.
- Coconut sugar or you can substitute for light brown sugar
- Dark chocolate, use a good quality vegan chocolate or for non vegan a normal dark chocolate
- Vegan butter, or normal butter for non vegan. Use unsalted since the peanuts are salted.
- Cocoa powder, good quality that is unsweetened
- All purpose flour, just one tablespoon to hold the filling together
- Salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- Vegan butter, or normal butter for non vegan. Use unsalted since we are adding salt.
- Maple syrup, the real thing here is important! I have also tested the recipe with honey for a non vegan version and it works well.
- Peanut butter, smooth and all natural
- Pinch of salt
If you enjoy these Snickers Cinnamon Rolls, you might also like these wonderful dessert recipes:
Vegan Snickers Cinnamon Rolls with fluffy dough, creamy chocolate filling with pieces of peanuts and topped with an easy peanut butter caramel sauce.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 100 g vegan butter
- 2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 700 g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 75 g vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 50 g vegan butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- pinch of salt
Start by heating the almond milk to luke warm, it should not burn your finger. Pour the milk, melted vegan butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Add the dry yeast, mix and let sit for 2 minutes until the yeast blooms.
Mix in the flour a little at the time with the salt and vanilla until you have a slightly sticky dough. Cover with a towl and let rest until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour. While the dough rises, make the filling.
Melt the chocolate and butter in the micowave and stir to combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Punch the dough down and place on a well floured surface. Knead the dough lightly, add a little more flour if needed, then roll it out to a large rectangle thats about 1 cm (½ inch) thick.
Spread the filling in an even layer on the dough.
Roll the dough, forming a tight log. Cut in 12 pices and place in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with a towl and let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F)
Brush the rolls with a little almond milk and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and the middle is cooked.
Let it cool down under a kitchen towel and prepare the caramel sauce.
Mix the maple syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on full effect in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then stir in the peanut butter and pinch of salt.