These Vegan Mango cheesecake bars are gluten-free, no-bake and easy to make. The raw crust is made with macadamia nuts and coconut for a tropical flavour. The smooth cheesecake layer is made from cashews and coconut cream. Then it’s topped off with a layer of sweet mango, it’s the perfect light and healthy summer dessert!
Ingredients you need to make these Vegan Mango Cheesecake Bars:
- Almonds, natural and unsalted
- Macadamia nuts, natural and unsalted
- Oats, use certified gluten-free oats if you want to make these cheesecake bars gluten-free
- Coconut flakes, or desiccated coconut as it’s also called
- Dates, you can use Medjool dates or regular dates. I used regular ones here, they are cheeper and work well with the flavour and texture of the nuts.
- Coconut oil, I use organic
- Vanilla bean paste, I love this intense flavor of vanilla. You can also use vanilla extract.
Cheese cake layer:
- Cashew nuts, raw and unsalted. Soak them for for at east 4 hours to get that smooth texture
- Vanilla bean paste, I love this intense flavour of vanilla. You can also use vanilla extract.
- Coconut cream, the top tart of a can of full fat coconut milk or from a package of coconut cream
- Lime, I prefer to use organic since the zest is used in this recipe
- Maple syrup, agave syrup or other liquid sweetener can also be used. Taste the filling and add more if desired
- Fresh sweet mangoes, peeled and chopped
- Agar agar in powder form
If you enjoy these Vegan Mango cheesecake bars, you might also like these healthy dessert recipes:
These Mango cheesecake bites (vegan and gluten-free) are easy to make with no baking required. The raw crust is made with macadamia nuts and coconut. To finish off those tropical flavors, a layer of sweet mango. This is the perfect light and healthy summer dessert!
- ½ Cup (90g) almonds
- ½ Cup (80 g) macadamia nuts
- ⅓ Cups (40g) oats
- ⅓ Cups (50g) coconut flakes
- ½ Cups (about 12) dates
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 300g (2 cups) cashew nuts, soaked for at east 4 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 lime, zested
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
Line a square baking pan with with parchment paper.
Add the nuts, oats and coconut to a food processor and mix until you have a coarse flour texture. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until it has a wet sand concistency. Add a little water if necessary for it to come together.
Press the base mixture in an even layer, it helps using the bottom of a measuring cup.
Rinse out the food processor and then drain and rinse the soaked cashew nuts. Add the nuts, coconut cream, vanilla, lime zest and maple syrup and mix until smooth and creamy. Pore on the bottom layer and smooth the top. Place in the freezer while you prepare the mango topping.
Mix the mango and agar agar powder until smooth in the food processor.
Add the mixture to a small sauce pan and simmer on low heat for about 2-3 minutes while stiring. Let it cool slightly and then top the cheese cake with the mango. Smooth out the surface fast because it sets on contact with the frozen cake.
Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Defrost slightly before cutting into squares and serve with your favorite berries.