This Tropical Pineapple Tart (Vegan and Gluten-free) reminds me of my vacation in Hawaii. I think I ate my body weight in pineapple there, and lots of macadamia nuts as well.
The crust is a mix of macadamia nuts, almonds and coconut. I like to bake it but if you prefer a no bake crust, skip this step.
The filling is a creamy mix of sweet pineapple, tart lime and smooth coconut cream.
Ingredients you will need to make this wonderful Tropical Pineapple Tart:
- Almonds, natural and unsalted
- Macadamia nuts, natural and unsalted
- Coconut flakes, or desiccated coconut as it’s also called
- Dates, you can use Medjool dates or regular dates. I used regular ones here, they are cheeper and work well with the flavour and texture of the nuts.
- Coconut oil, I use organic
- Maple syrup, agave syrup or other liquid sweetener can also be used.
- Vanilla bean paste, I love this intense flavor of vanilla. You can also use vanilla extract.
- pinch of salt, to bring the flavours together
- Fresh pineapple, peeled and cut in chunks
- Lime, I like to use organic
- Turmeric, optional for the color
- Coconut cream, full fat
- Agar agar in powder form
If you like this Tropical Pineapple Tart, you might also like these healthy dessert recipes:
This Tropical Pineapple Tart reminds me of my vacation in Hawaii. The crust is a mix of macadamia nuts, almonds and coconut. The filling is a creamy mix of sweet pineapple, tart lime and smooth coconut cream.
- 100g almonds
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 50g coconut flakes
- 100g (½ Cup) dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 250g pineapple, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Cup (249ml) coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon agar agar in powder form
Preheat the oven to 175C (350F)
Add the nuts and coconut to a food processor and mix until you have a coarse flour texture. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until it has a wet sand concistency. Add a little water if necessary for it to come together.
Line the bottom of a small tart pan with removable bottom with parchment paper.
Press the crust mixture in an even layer and upp the edges.
Bake for 10 minutes, make the filling while it cooks.
Start by mixing the pinapple as smooth as you can get it in a mixer or food processor.
Add the lime juice, turmeric and the coconut cream and blend until smooth.
Heat the mixture in a small sauce pan and add the agar agar. Stir constantly and bring to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes while stiring. Cool slightly then add to the baked crust.
Place the tart in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably over night. Decorate with berries, pinapple and coconut.