These simple Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars are packed with protein and whole grains, naturally sweetened, vegan and gluten free, oil and butter free too. Just 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, thats it!
I make a large batch of these bars and freeze them for later. They keep in the freezer for about 4 months in an airtight container. In the refrigerator for about 4 days.
My daughter likes to pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, she says then it tastes like it comes straight out of the oven and the chocolate chips melt a little. Yum!
Ingredients you will need to make these Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars:
- Almond milk, I love unsweetened almond milk and use it in most of my recipes. You can also substitute for any other kind of plant based milk, or regular milk for non vegan.
- Chia seeds, they are high in fiber, antioxidants and protein
- Very ripe bananas, you want those brown spots! They are sweeter and have a creamier texture
- Vanilla bean paste, I love this intense flavor of vanilla. You can also use vanilla extract.
- Almond or peanut butter, I used all natural or homemade
- Coked quinoa, I used tricoloured quinoa but any kind works here.
- Oats, I used quick cooking oats here. If you want these bars to be gluten-free, make sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Dates, you can use Medjool dates or regular dates. I used regular ones here, they are cheeper and work well with these flavours.
- Fresh strawberries, frozen can also be used as long as you defrost them first.
- Chocolate chips, I use a vegan dark chocolate brand. Use your favourite!
- Pinch of salt, to taste. I like to use flaky sea salt
If you like these healthy Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars, here are some more recipes you might like:
These simple Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars are packed with protein and whole grains, naturally sweetened, vegan and gluten free, oil and butter free too.
- 6 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- ¾ cup coked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 8 small dates, chopped about ¼ cup firmly packed
- 1 cup (100g) strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 180 C (350F) and line a 20×20 cm baking dish with parchment paper.
Add the almond milk and the chia seeds to a bowl, stir well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Then add the mashed bananas, nut butter and the vanilla and mix well.
Stir in the cooked quinoa, oats, chopped dates and chocolate chips. Then gently fold in the strawberries.
Pore into the prepared baking dish, top with a sprinkle of oats and chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
Let cool completely then cut in pieces and store in the fridge for 3 days or freeze.