Super soft and moist Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread with the addition of sweet summer cherries. This has got all my favorites, and the chocolate cherry combo is hard to beat!
The banana and chopped cherries keeps it moist and sweet, without needing to add any refined sugar or butter.
The batter has both cocoa powder AND chocolate chips for that lush double chocolate flavor. I thought about naming this Vegan Double Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread, but the name just seamed sooo long.
Ingredients needed to make this Vegan Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread:
- Very ripe bananas, the riper the better! This adds sweetness and the texture of a ripe banana is smooth and creamy compared with the hard and starchy green banana. So you want those brown spots!
- Flour, I use all purpose flour
- Cocoa powder, use a good quality that is unsweetened
- Baking powder and baking soda, I use a mix of both oil them that makes this cake soft and fluffy.
- Vegan yoghurt, I use unsweetened coconut yogurt.
- Coconut oil or you can use another neutral tasting oil, like sunflower oil or avocado oil.
- Coconut sugar, I love the slight caramel flacon of coconut sugar and also that it is not refined. You can also substitute for brown sugar if desired this will make this cake a little sweeter then when using coconut sugar.
- Apple cider vinegar, I use this in most of my vegan cakes to make the cake rise better in the oven and hold together better when sliced.
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips, vegan in desired
- Cherries, pips removed and roughtly chopped
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE WONDERFUL CHOCOLATE RECIPES:
Super soft and moist Vegan Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread. So easy to make and the chocolate cherry combo is hard to beat!
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon vegan yoghurt
- ⅓ Cup coconut oil or neutral tasting oil melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ Cup (50 g) chocolate chips, vegan in desiered
- 1 Cup (170 g) cherries, pips removed and roughtly chopped
Preheat the oven to 175C (350F)
Grease a 25cm (10 inch) bread pan and dust with a little cocoa powder or line with parcment paper.
Stir together the mashed bananas, vegan yoghurt, vinegar, coconut oil and sugar in a bowl.
Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda and the salt. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Then gently stir in the chocolate chips and cherries.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan and top the bread with some halved cherries and a little extra chocolate chips. Bake for about 40 minutes, depending on your oven.
Let the bread cool down in the pan before removing. Vegan cakes are a little delicate so be gentle.