Chocolate Clementine Chia Pudding, everything you need in a breakfast: easy, healthy and oh so delicious! Full of creamy chocolate goodness and a hint of citrus.
Chia pudding is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients:
- Almond milk, my favorite for baking and chia puddings, I use unsweetened with a high content of almonds. Feel free to use your favorite!
- Chia seeds, they are high in fiber, antioxidants and protein
- Cocoa powder, I use a good quality that is unsweetened
- Maple syrup or honey if you aren’t vegan. Taste the chia pudding and add more if you like it sweeter.
- Clementine, my favorite little citrus when they are in season. Use the zest in the chia pudding and the fresh fruit slices to serve.
Tips for making Chia Pudding:
- Stir the chia seeds into the milk mixture well, and then stir again! This will prevent lumps of chia seeds forming in you chia pudding.
- For best results, let the chia pudding chill out in the fridge overnight. If you are short on time, chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
For more quick and healthy chia puddings, check out this recipes:
Chocolate Clementine Chia Pudding, everything you need in a breakfast:
Easy, healthy and oh so delicious! Full of creamy chocolate goodness and a hint of citrus.
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 clementine zest and fruit slices
Start by stirring the cocoa powder with a little of the almond milk until you have a smooth consistency. Stir in the rest of the almond milk, maple syrup, chia seeds and clementine zest. Let it sit for 5 minutes and stir again until the lumps are gone. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or over night.
Serve with the sliced clementine, a little yoghurt and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.