These Chocolate Granola Tarts are a perfect for a special breakfast and surprisingly easy and fast to make! These tarts are healthy, vegan, gluten free and no bake! Ready in only 15 minutes.
Instead of the classic buttery tart crust, here it is made from almonds, oats, dates and cocoa powder.
This recipe is a small batch recipe for these quarantine times. If you want to make more then two mini tarts, simply double the recipe. The double recipe can also be made for one, normal size tart instead of the mini ones.
Ingredients you need to make these easy Chocolate Granola Breakfast Tarts (Vegan, Gluten-free):
- Almonds, natural and with the skin on. Can also be substituted for another kind of nut, hazelnut and walnuts work well. And for a really fancy breakfast tart, you can use pecans.
- Oats, regular oats or quick cooking ones can be used. If you want this breakfast to be gluten-free, make sure to user certified gluten-free oats.
- Cocoa powder, good quality and unsweetened
- Dates, Medjool dates or regular dates can be used. I used regular ones here, they are cheeper and work well with the chocolate and nuts.
- Boiling water, to soak the regular dates, Medjool dates are usually softer and doesn’t need soaking. But you will still need a little water for the dough to come together when you mix it.
- Coconut oil
- pinch of salt, I always add a little salt to everything chocolate. It really brings out the chocolate flavor
- Filling: Here you can get creative! Use what you have at home. The filling here is natural yoghurt, bananas, strawberries, blueberries and cocoa nibs. Use whatever is your favorite and what is season.
Here are some more breakfast recipes you might like:
These Chocolate Granola Breakfast Tarts are a perfect for a special breakfast and surprisingly easy and fast to make! These tarts are healthy, vegan, gluten free and no bake! Ready in only 15 minutes.
- 80 g (½ Cup) almonds
- 20 g (2 ½) tablespoon oats
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50 g (¼ Cups) packed dates
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Filling: yoghurt and berries of your choice
Start by soaking the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve the water.
Add the almonds and oats to a food processor and mix until you have a coarse flour texture. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until it has a wet sand consistency. Add a little of the soaking water from the dates if necessary for it to come together.
Divide into two small tart pans with removable sides, mine are 4cm (1,5 inches). You might have a little left over, depending on the sice of your tart pan. Press to an even layer, I like to use the back of a tablespoon or measuring cup.
Fill the tart shells with your favorit yoghurt and top with berries or fruit.
Serve immediately and enjoy!