Did you know that oats are among the healthiest grains on earth? They are a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. That makes these Pb&j overnight oats jars a nutritious breakfast. This recipe is very easy to make vegan, gluten free and with no added refined sugar!
Ingredients needed to make this Pb&j overnight oats recipe:
- Oats, use old fashion oats for a courser texture.
- Almond milk, I love unsweetened almond milk and use it in most of my recipes. If you don’t, substitute for any other kind of milk. Soy milk or oat milk are two examples that works great in this recipe.
- Yoghurt, I used a greek style in this recipe. Use whatever yoghurt is your favorit, but a thick consistency works best.
- Chia seeds, they are high in fibre, antioxidants and protein
- Maple syrup. Agave syrup or other liquid sweetener can also be used. Taste the overnight oats and add more sweetener if desired.
- Strawberry chia jam or store bought jam for serving.
All you need to do is to mix oats, almond milk, yoghurt, chia seeds and honey in a jar and place it in the fridge overnight. Thats it!
Health benefits to oats:
Did you know that oats are among the healthiest grains on earth?
They are gluten-free and a great source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
One cup of oatmeal contains about 150 calories, four grams of fiber and six grams of protein. This recipe has peanut butter to boost protein that lever and keep you full longer!
FOR MORE EASY AND HEALTHY breakfast ideas, CHECK OUT THIS RECIPES:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats jars, a nutritious breakfast that is vegan, gluten free and super easy to make!
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 ½ Cups almond milk
- ½ Cup vanilla yoghurt of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon strawberry chia jam or store bought jam
In a bowl, mix together the oats, almond milk, yoghurt, chia seeds, maple syrup to taste, 2 tablespoon peanut butter and the cinnamon. Cover and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
To serve, fill two glasses and layer with the extra peanut butter and jam. Optional top with fresh berries if desired.