Strawberry and Cream Chia Pudding brings the taste of fresh, summer strawberries to you breakfast table. I love creamy chia pudding, my secret, adding a little of your favorite yoghurt.
Strawberry chia pudding is a really easy, make ahead breakfast for a stress free morning. Well at least in the breakfast department!
It’s healthy, filling and packed full of protein, fiber and antioxidants.
Tips for making this Strawberry Chia Pudding:
- I love unsweetened almond milk and use it in most of my recipes. If you don’t, substitute for any other kind of milk you want.
- My secret for a really creamy chia pudding is using a little yoghurt. The thicker the better! Here I used a greek style yoghurt, coconut yoghurt also works really well.
- Stir the chia seeds into the milk mixture well, and then stir again! This will prevent lumps of chia seeds forming in you chia pudding.
- For best results, let the chia pudding cill out in the fridge overnight. If you are short on time, chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Taste the chia pudding before adding maple syrup, I don’t like it so sweet, sometimes I don’t add any sweetener at all. I find the almond milk has a sweet flavor on its own. Agave syrup or other liquid sweetener can also be used.
For more quick and healthy chia puddings, check out this recipes:
Strawberries and Cream Chia Pudding brings the taste of fresh, summer strawberries to you breakfast table.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or other plant based yoghurt
- 200 g fresh or frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
Start by mixing the chia seeds and almond milk, let sit 1 min then mix well again.
Mash the stawberries well with a fork or use a food processor or blender for a smoother result. Add the stawberries and the rest of the ingredients to the chia and milk mixture. Stir well and taste, depending on the sweetness of your strawberries, add a little more maple syrup.
Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably over night.
Top with some yoghurt and fresh stawberries.