Do you want to enjoy a healthy and easy breakfast? I think everyone just raised their hands! With this Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats it is possible to enjoy a nutritious breakfasts without the morning stress of making it. Just open the fridge and grab a jar on the go.
Did you know that oats are among the healthiest grains on earth? They are a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. That makes these overnight oats jars a nutritious breakfast.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- Almond milk, I love unsweetened almond milk and use it in most of my recipes. If you don’t, substitute for any other kind of milk you want.
- Strawberry yoghurt. Use whatever yoghurt is your favorit, but a thick consistency works best.
- Chia seeds, they are high in fibre, antioxidants and protein
- Honey or Maple syrup. Agave syrup or other liquid sweetener can also be used. Taste the overnight oats and add more sweetener if desired.
- Banana, sliced
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Strawberry chia jam and honey for serving
All you need to do is to mix oats, almond milk, yoghurt, chia seeds and honey in a jar and place it in the fridge overnight. Thats it!
You can choose to top it with fruit and berries at night or in the morning right before you eat. Since it is strawberry season I like to top my jars with the fresh and sweet strawberries. I also like to add a little strawberry chia jam
For more quick and healthy breakfasts like this Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats, check out this recipes:
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats is a nutritious breakfasts that's perfect for meal prep. Just open the fridge and grab a jar on the go.
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 ½ Cups almond milk
- ½ Cup strawberry yoghurt of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 honey or maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced
- 5-7 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- optional, strawberry chia jam and honey for serving
Mix all the ingredients except the banana and strawberries. Cover and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
To serve, fill two glasses and top with sliced banana and strawberries.
Optional strawberry chia jam and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.