One of my favorite thing to have at a cafe is a matcha latte, so why not make it into a whole breakfast?? This Matcha Latte Oatmeal recipe uses just 7 ingredients (well, 8 if you count water) It is vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened with a hint maple syrup. Packed with fiber, antioxidants and a little added morning kick of caffeine from the matcha tea. To sum it up, everything you need for breakfast!
If you aren’t familiar with matcha tea, it is green tea in powdered form. You drink the whole tea leaf and that provides an extra boost in nutrition. With regular tea, you steep and then remove the tea leaves.
Ingredients needed to make this Matcha Latte Oatmeal:
- Quick cooking oats, this is smaller pieces so it cooked faster than regular oats. Perfect for a quick breakfast cooked in the microwave. Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats for gluten intolerance.
- Almond milk, my favourite to use in baking and breakfasts. You can use any kind os non dairy milk of your choice or regular milk for non vegan.
- Maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice can be used. Taste the oatmeal and add more if you like it on the sweeter side.
- Chia seeds, I love adding a little chia seeds in my oats, for texture and the added nutrients.
- Matcha powder, I like using good quality matcha power. It makes a big difference in taste and color. The lower quality ones doesn’t have the bright green colour and can often be bitter. A little matcha goes a long way and you get what you pay for!
- Vanilla, I use a vanilla bean powder, vanilla extract and vanilla paste can also be used.
- Salt, a little pinch of salt does all the difference when it comes to oatmeal
More healthy breakfast recipes for you:
I would love to hear from you!
This Matcha Latte Oatmeal recipe is super easy and quick to make, vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened. Packed with fiber, antioxidants and a little added morning kick of caffeine.
- ½ Cup (125ml) quick cooking oats
- ½ Cup (125ml) water
- ¾ Cup (180ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
Add the matcha powder to a microwave safe bowl. Add a little hot water and stir well until no more lumps remain.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook on hight heat in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir the oatmeal and let it sit for a minute and then stir again. If you like creamier oats add a little more almond milk.
Top with kiwi, banana, almonds, chia seeds and other berries if desired.